HOW IT WORKS
The Snow-Kill is able to shift at a 30° angle to the right of the towing truck. Together, they can remove the snow on two full lanes in one go. The Operator maneuvers everything from his cabin.
The Snow-Kill’s shifting mechanism allows it to get in position in less than 10 seconds, while ensuring optimum grip conditions for itself and the towing truck.
- A single operatorinstead of 2 to clean and tread two lanes,
- A single truck instead of 2,
- Up to 40% saved on fuel by eliminating 1 IC engine.
- 15% less winter de-icing products spread,
- Reduced financial investment,
- 30 years lifespan compared to the 12 years of a truck,
- Reduced Insurance costs compared to a truck,
- Significantly reduced maintenance costs and down-times,
- Simplified upkeep, and reduced associated costs,
- A 6×4 truck is powerful enough to tow the Snow-Kill.
IMPROVED ROAD SAFETY
- Overtakingis made impossible for other road users,
- Constantly controllable opening angle to cope with all situations,
- Warning systems informs the Operator whenever a vehicle close by the Snow-Kill left blind spot,
- Back in line behind the truck in less than 10 seconds,
- Braking capacities certified by UTAC.
SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- Substantial reduction in pollutant emissions by eliminating an IC engine (CO2 NOx, etc.),
- 15% lesswinter de-icing products spread.
- Consumable savings(oils, filters, greases, etc.)
- Constant regulation of the blade pressure to preservewear parts and pavements,
- Frame designed to allow the replacement of each individual pieces.
- Designed for a 30 years lifespan as part of a sustainable development approach.
The Snow-Kill has no Internal Combustion Engine.
It only uses the electrical energy from the truck to power its hydraulic system.
Depending on configuration, it can either work using the hydraulic system of the truck or a separate internal circuit.
The Snow-Kill is deployed in seconds and
can be used up to 85km/h – 52mph (depending on local legislation).
Equipped with an 8m3 salt spreader or a 10’000 liter brine spreader, the Snow-Kill can treat two lanes with a single spreader, while performing its snow removal action.
These devices are interchangeable thanks to Twist-Locks fasteners.
COMPLIANT WITH REGULATIONS
The Snow-Kill is an approved vehicle that meets all current European standards.
The Snow-Kill is made in Europe.